Salary: £28,000 - £30,600 per annum
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Relief Farm Manager to join our Business to provide relief cover to our Broiler Farms in Norfolk/ Suffolk area.
The successful Candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the farms and a Team of Farm Workers to produce chickens of the highest standards.
You will be required to cover different sites so flexibility is required for this role, however you will be given a company vehicle for business use only.
This is a full-time working positions, covering 6 days per week.
There is a possibility that there will be accommodation in Suffolk with this role at a reduced rent price.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the Field/Area Manager, the Relief Farm Manager will provide cover for Farm Management when they are on holiday, away from the farm as well as generally helping on farms if short staffed/during catch etc.
- Within the day to day running of the Broiler Farm duties will include; people management, budget management, health and safety and bird welfare whilst complying with strict hygiene standards.
- To gain a full understanding of poultry
- Contribute to that department/ add value by developing requisite skills in this area in line with company competency framework.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- To manage and monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water and lighting patterns within agreed guidelines to ensure the highest quality atmosphere so that birds can thrive.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all matters relating to birds, food, and suppliers, ensuring that an adequate supply is maintained and controlled to acceptable levels.
- Communicating with other departments to ensure a smooth operation through reporting weights, correct bird numbers and information.
- Ensure that all hygiene procedures are carried out to Company specification, all damage is identified and reported and minimising any environmental impact.
- Bird welfare to be of utmost priority at all times.
- Be responsible for all personnel’s health & safety entering the farm, all employees’ welfare, induction training and regular development through progress reviews.
- To ensure that the professional image of the Company is portrayed at all times both on and off company facilities
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for Farm Managers/Asst Farm Managers as required
- Maintain communication with area team regarding performance of crop etc,
- To control and monitor the stock of vaccine and ensure no shortfalls and ensure vaccination procedure is carried out as efficiently as instructed.
- Maintain bio-security at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties as required in your specific day-to-day work
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a good level of literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties
- You must have effective communication skills
- Level 3 Poultry Management