We have a fantastic opportunity for a Relief Farm Manager to join our Business to provide relief cover to our Broiler Farms in Diss and Attleborough.
The successful Candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the farms and a Team of Farm Workers to produce chickens of the highest standards.
You will be required to cover different sites so flexibility is required for this role, however you will be given a company vehicle.
This is a full-time working positions, covering 6 days per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the farms to ensure that bird welfare is never compromised
- Manage and monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water, litter and lighting within the agreed standards, ensuring the highest quality conditions are provided.
- Communicate with the Breeder Farm Manager ensuring that information is provided promptly and accurately.
- Manage and control Visitors/Contractors on site ensuring that work is carried out to required specification and quality and work is carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure that Site Security is maintained at all times, and report any issues
- Ensure that Site is maintained in clean, tidy and presentable manner.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a good level of literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties
- You must have effective communication skills
- Level 3 Agricultural Apprenticeship or be willing to complete this