Great Yarmouth - Stalham area, Norfolk
Salary: £21,000 - £26,000
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Relief Assistant Farm Manager to join our clients business to provide relief cover to our Breeders Farms in the Eastern Region.
Working 48 hours over 6 days per week.
A flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
You will provide holiday / sickness cover for Farm Managers as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with stock inspections, male and female management, nest hygiene, hatching egg management and cold storage
- Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and ventilation
- Monitor flock health to ensure all vaccinations blood testing etc are carried out accurately and at the correct time
- Ensure Health and Safety Policy is adhered to by referring to the Health & Safety, Risk Assessment and COSHH Manuals which are provided by the Company, and can be found on site
- Wear protective clothing as appropriate and directed in Manuals, or as required by a Senior Manager
- Carry out body weighing of flocks weekly adjusting feed as required
- Set up houses prior to intake and prepare for depletion’s
- Ensure tight control is maintained on consumables ie feed, gas, etc
- Accurately record data ie meter readings, temperature, etc. and respond accordingly
- In partnership with Farm Manager ensure adequate cover for the alarm system, ensuring regular weekly testing of the generator and daily testing and recording of farm alarms
- Assist Farm Manager with training of Employee
- Ensure maintenance of farms are to the standard required
- Ensure all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times.
- Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
- Ensure site security is maintained at all time.
- Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required.
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Initiative and influencing skills with a critically evaluating and questioning approach
- Sound stock management background
- Ability to manage Employees
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks
- Ability to work as part of a Team as well as on own initiative