Salary: £8.92 per hour
Recruiting on behalf of our client, a globally renowned poultry production company, you will be part of a team responsible for ensuring the highest standard of support to the Farm Manager.
We are looking for someone who can work using their own initiative, highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on new challenges.
This role is a full-time position with occasional overtime on weekends – £8.92 per hour.
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Cleaning and sanitizing vaccination and blood testing instruments
- Inoculating and spray vaccinating birds as instructed.
- Record information according to instructions for medications, vaccinations and their treatments.
- Move birds as required within the production area.
- Clean and disinfect equipment and vehicles used in moving birds, supplies or equipment of the farm.
- Select birds according to procedures outlined and record the data on forms provided.
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety rules and procedures.
- To observe all hygiene rules, this includes personal hygiene, hand washing and the wearing of all protective clothing.
- To strictly adhere to all bio-security rules.
- Adhere to all Farm Health and Safety rules and procedures.
- Any other reasonable requests by the Service Team Lead
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 2 years experience of working in a comparable environment preferably with livestock (ie production/farming)
- You will need to be flexible and adaptable with a proactive and driven approach
- It is essential that you have a full driving license and access to your own vehicle.