Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
We have a fantastic opportunity for 8 Hatchery Operatives to work in our clients Hatchery near to Dereham on a Fixed Term contract until September 2019.
This vacancy is for 39 hours, working over 5 days per week. This role will involve working in a small team alongside the Hatchery Manager.
Your duties will include working with eggs, incubation, grading of birds and cleaning. You do not need particular qualifications for this role. However, you should have an interest in working with turkeys.
It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to your own vehicle for this position due to the remote location of the farm.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure high standards of health and welfare of livestock ae maintained at all times
- Handle eggs and chicks according to welfare standards fully understanding equipment and facilities used
- Carry out cleaning and disinfection duties as per instructions from the Manager on duty to ensure compliance with current bio-security standards according to Company best practice
- Training will be provided to ensure an understanding of the rules governing chick welfare in the Hatchery
- Training will be given to help understand rules governing the use of chemicals in the Hatchery and take appropriate safety precautions
- Understand rules governing use of chemicals in the Hatchery and take appropriate safety precautions
- Complete all paperwork as required
- Ensure Codes of Practice are adhered to
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work as part of Team as well as on own when required
- Care and attention to detail when performing duties
- Ability to follow and carry out reasonable instruction
- Experience of working with livestock preferable but not essential