Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a Hatchery Operative at our clients Hatchery in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who doesn’t mind working hard and has a ‘can do’ attitude.
You will be part of a team working, 40 hours over 5 days per week assisting in the process of producing top quality fertile hatching eggs.
A knowledge of Poultry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure high standards of health and welfare of livestock are maintained at all times
- Handle eggs and chicks according to welfare standards fully understanding equipment and facilities used
- Carry out cleaning and disinfection duties as per instructions from the Manager on duty to ensure compliance with current bio-security standards according to Company best practice
- Understand rules governing chick welfare in the Hatchery
- Understand rules governing use of chemicals in the Hatchery and take appropriate safety precautions
- Deal appropriately with any occurrence or emergency informing Manager on duty as appropriate
- Complete all paperwork as required
- Be aware of Health and Safety standards and requirements including risk assessments and COSHH
- Ensure Codes of Practice are adhered to
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work as part of Team as well as on own when required
- Care and attention to detail when performing duties
- Ability to follow and carry out reasonable instruction
- Experience of working with livestock preferable but not essential