Melton Constable, Norfolk
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Farm Worker for our clients Turkey Farm in Melton Constable, Norfolk.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who doesn’t mind working hard and getting their hands dirty! The successful candidate would have a ‘can do’ attitude.
You will be part of a small team working 39 hours over 5 days per week. A flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early mornings and late evening work.
A knowledge of Poultry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Walk houses picking up all fallen stock and cull all birds that do not come up to standard in welfare or confirmation
- Bag up all fallen stock and culls
- Transfer all fallen stock and culls to dedicated bins and lock
- Complete all record cards as required by Farm Manager
- Adjust ventilation according to Company standards
- Keep meal houses clean and tidy
- Daily tidying and cleaning of staff canteen
- Assist management with preparing for catch
- Assist with preparation for chick placement, including tipping chicks as required.
- Assist with minor farm maintenance, painting etc
- Assist in the running of the generator and testing of the alarm system
- Complete all daily tasks with farm bio security paramount
- Communicate any problems found when walking the house to Farm Manager or Assistant Farm Manager
- Bed up wet litter as required
- Ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety Policy
- Ensure the correct protective clothing (PPE) is used for tasks undertaken
- Ensure site security is maintained at all times
- Undertake job related training as required
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Sound stock management background
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks with the guidance of the Farm Manager
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative