Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Farm Manager to join our clients business at on one of their Broiler farms in Boston, Lincolnshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the farm and a Team of Farm Workers to produce turkey of the highest standards.
Responsibilities include ensuring all aspects of running the Farm are met while ensuring you and your Team maintain safe working practices. Livestock is our clients business and therefore welfare of livestock is paramount, ensuring ventilation, feed, vaccinations and conditions are kept at optimum levels.
You will also be required to maintain accurate records, and deal with Contractors and Suppliers.
Ideally we are looking for a Candidate with experience in the turkey breeding or laying Industry. However, if you have the right transferable skills and attitude we would consider someone with other stockmanship experience.
NVQ Level 2 in Poultry Production is desired. However, for the right Candidate, training and support will be provided to obtain this qualification.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the farms to ensure that bird welfare is never compromised
- Manage and monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water, litter and lighting within the agreed standards, ensuring the highest quality conditions are provided for the birds
- Alert Line Manager when problems on farm are identified
- Communicate with Area Manager ensuring relevant information is provided promptly and accurately
- Manage and control Contractors on site ensuring work is carried out to the required specification and quality
- Ensure weekly paperwork is accurately recorded and sent on time to the relevant Department
- Cover the alarm as required ensuring it is operational and any faults rectified immediately
- Ensure site security is maintained at all times, while reporting any issues
- Ensure site is maintained in clean, tidy and presentable manner
- Ensure Company Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times
- Responsible for day to day management of farm Employees, including allocation of work to ensure smooth running of farm
- Assist with probation, induction and training of new Employees
- Monitor and report sickness and other Employee issues when they happen, and ensure appropriate cover is in place
- Responsible for accurate completion of Employee timesheets, including on time submission
- Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Initiative and influencing skills with a critically evaluating and questioning approach
- Sound stock management background
- Ability to manage staff
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative