Salary: £8.61 per hour + 50p per hour bonus
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit Egg Packing Operatives for our client based in Attleborough, Norfolk.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals, who pride themselves on their work ethic and attention to detail. Within this role you will be working within a production environment and must be able to work to your own initiative.
You will be working on a shift basis – working either 05:00am – 13:00pm or 14:00 – 23:00, including 2 x 15 minute breaks.
£8.61 an hour plus an additional 50p per hour bonus (assuming all 36 hours for the week are completed)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Keep all lanes flowing of packed product by packing into relevant outer’s/shippers
- Monitor product quality during process
- Maintain the “clean as you go” policy
- Ensure that the finished product is packed, palatalised and case ended safely, securely and to customer requirements
- Use of hand operated pallet trucks to move pallets within the unit
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Contribute to “Good Manufacturing Practice” and ensure good house keeping is adhered to
- Report machinery/packing faults to the Supervisor
- Carry out machinery integrity checks as required
- Ensure date coding and any other information printed on final packs is within customer specification and print quality is clearly legible
- Maintain an understanding and awareness of the company’s and your own Health and Safety responsibilities
- Performing all other reasonable tasks, commensurate with skills and experience, as requested by the Factory Manager.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A good level of written and verbal English
- Basic level of understanding of computers
- Ability to work to high standards and use own initiative
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks