Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 depending on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit 2 Chick Team Members. Working 48 hours over 6 days per week within a small team you will be responsible for setting up chicken houses on Broiler farms at various locations throughout the Essex area to ensure that they are ready for day old chicks to arrive.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work within a team and work to deadlines. This role is physical, however, practical skills are also required along with an awareness of Health and Safety.
You do not need particular qualifications for this role. However, you should have an interest in working with chickens. Experience of working on a farm or with livestock is desirable but not essential.
A full clean driving licence is required for this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for service against hatchery requirements
- Set-up sheds ready for the receipt of chicks
- Place chicks in a timely fashion adhering to welfare standards
- Ensure bird welfare is paramount and report any malpractice immediately
- To be aware of the bio security and welfare measures as laid down by the Company
- Ensure Bio-Security Procedure is maintained by wearing clean clothing and full protective equipment (PPE)
- Ensure Health and Safety Policy is adhered to by referring to the Health and Safety, Risk Assessment and COSHH manuals which are provided by the Company and can be found on all farms
- Be aware of rota and duties expected to respond to placement times
- Fulfil general duties on farm as and when required if asked
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Undertake any job related training as required
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Organised and detailed approach to duties Ability to prioritise duties/tasks with the guidance of the Flock Service Manager Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative Reliability Punctuality