North West UK
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 - depending on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Broiler Fieldsman to work across our clients Broiler farms from Hereford to Cumbria and across into Yorkshire.
This role will require you to travel to our clients grower farms across the North West of the UK and record information such as weights of the flock whilst checking the Health & Welfare standards. You will report back to the planning team to ensure the best possible flock is supplied.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about the welfare of animals and is knowledgeable in the Broiler Sector specifically.
This particular role will require you to travel and stay away overnight & a vehicle will be provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those wishing to progress into an area management role or for a graduate with an agricultural qualification wishing to enter the broiler industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Check flock weights & production levels
- Check Health & Welfare standards are met to ensure that bird welfare is never compromised
- Ensure that all farms are working within The Red Tractor standards
- Communicate with Planning Team ensuring relevant information is provided promptly and accurately
- Ensure weekly paperwork is accurately recorded and sent on time to the relevant department
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work to your own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks