Salary: £21,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit an Assistant Farm Manager for our clients Broiler Farm near Diss, Norfolk.
Working 48 hours over 6 days per week you are responsible for supporting the Farm Manager with the day to day management of the farm, ensuring that the stock produced is of the highest standard ensuring you and all on the farm maintain safe working practices.
Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
Provide holiday / sickness cover for the Line Manager as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the farms to ensure that bird welfare is never compromised
- Manage and monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water, litter and lighting within the agreed standards, ensuring the highest quality conditions are provided for the birds.
- Communicate with the Farm Manager ensuring that information is provided promptly and accurately.
- Direct and motivate the Employees to ensure that production targets are met.
- Manage and control Contractors on site ensuring that work is carried out to required specification and quality.
- Ensure weekly paperwork is accurately recorded and is sent on time to the relevant Accounts or Planning Department.
- Cover the alarm as required ensuring it is operational and any faults rectified immediately
- Ensure that Site Security is maintained at all times, and report any issues.
- Ensure that Site is maintained in clean, tidy and presentable manner.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times.
- Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
- Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required.
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Initiative and influencing skills with a critically evaluating and questioning approach
- Sound stock management background
- Ability to manage Employees Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Ability to prioritise duties / tasks
- Ability to work as part of a Team as well as on own initiative