Relief Farm Manager
PB Recruitment Solutions are looking for two Relief Farm Managers to join their clients business on their broiler farms in the Northern Region.
Ideally you will have livestock experience at an Assistant Farm Manager level.
Working 48 hours over 6 days per week the successful Candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the farms and a team of Farm Workers to produce chicken of the highest standards.
We are looking for someone who is a team player and demonstrate the ability to manage staff.
A flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
• Manage the farms to ensure that bird welfare is never compromised
• Manage and monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water, litter and lighting within the
agreed standards, ensuring the highest quality conditions are provided for the birds
• Alert Line Manager when problems on farm are identified
• Communicate with Area Manager ensuring relevant information is provided promptly
• Manage and control Contractors on site ensuring work is carried out to the required
specification and quality
• Ensure weekly paperwork is accurately recorded and sent on time to the relevant
• Cover the alarm as required ensuring it is operational and any faults rectified
• Ensure site security is maintained at all times, while reporting any issues
• Ensure site is maintained in clean, tidy and presentable manner
• Ensure Company Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times
• Responsible for day to day management of farm Employees, including allocation of
work to ensure smooth running of farm
• Assist with probation, induction and training of new Employees
• Monitor and report sickness and other Employee issues when they happen, and
ensure appropriate cover is in place
• Responsible for accurate completion of Employee timesheets, including on time
• Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required
• Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
• Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Submit your application online or get in touch by emailing email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.