PB Recruitment Solutions are hiring – Our client is looking for a Poultry Caretaker for their rearing farm in Lissington.
The ideal candidate will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges with enthusiasm. You should be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and be flexible and adaptable.
You will be working for a company with exceptional values, who are globally renowned.
You will be extremely passionate about animal welfare and have a keen interest in our industry and would like to further your knowledge in the poultry industry.
Your role will involve helping to feed, clean and maintain the sheds as well as adhere to poultry welfare at all times.
You must have your own transport to get to and from the farm.
- Competitive salary
- Overtime rate available for weekends
- Pension & Healthcare
- To proactively maintain poultry to a high standard through
- Ensuring that stock has ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour
- Ensuring that stock has an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Making sure that stock are free from pain, injury or disease by ensuring preventative measures or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- The stock is provided sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the own kind.
- To observe all hygiene rules, this includes personal hygiene, hand washing, boot dipping/changing and the wearing of all protective clothing.
- To strictly adhere to all bio-security rules.
- To ensure that floor eggs are kept to a minimum by training birds to use the nest boxes.
- To collect and record egg collections neatly and accurately.
- To ensure food is weighed accurately.
- Maintain house hygiene, dusting, light fitment cleaning, sweeping up, friable litter and clean boot dips.
Apply immediately now or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.