Bury St Edmunds
We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit 2 Hatchery Operatives at our Stanton Hatchery in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who doesn’t mind working hard and has a ‘can do’ attitude.
You will be part of a team working, either 40 / 45 hours over 5 days per week assisting in the process of producing top quality fertile hatching eggs.
Working hours are Monday – Friday 0600 hrs – 1430 hrs
Saturday overtime available.
A knowledge of Poultry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
· Assisting in the day to day running of the Hatchery Operation.
· Responsibility to ensure the welfare of day-old broiler chicks maintaining high standards of quality and hygiene, animal welfare and health & safety.
· Hatchery Operatives are required to assist in taking care of eggs through hatching and during transfer.
· Maintaining a high quality, clean and secure hatching environment so that as many eggs as possible hatch successfully.
· To undertake chick take-off, transfer; egg loading, clean up and disinfection, wash room operation and the general cleaning and tidiness of all areas, inside and outside of the hatchery.