We have a fantastic opportunity for Hatchery Operatives at our Clients Hatchery in Duns, Berwickshire. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who doesn’t mind working hard and has a ‘can do’ attitude.
We have two positions available:
* Day Shift – 39 hours over 5 days per week assisting in the process of producing top quality fertile hatching eggs.
* Night Shift – 6 Month Contract – 39 hours over 4 nights per week
A knowledge of Poultry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
Own Transport Essential
· Assisting in the day to day running of the Hatchery Operation.
· Responsibility to ensure the welfare of day-old broiler chicks maintaining high standards of quality and hygiene, animal welfare and health & safety.
· Hatchery Operatives are required to assist in taking care of eggs through hatching and during transfer.
· Maintaining a high quality, clean and secure hatching environment so that as many eggs as possible hatch successfully.
· To undertake chick take-off, transfer; egg loading, clean up and disinfection, wash room operation and the general cleaning and tidiness of all areas, inside and outside of the hatchery.