Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Farm Worker on behalf of our clients in Stanton Hatchery in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who doesn’t mind working hard and getting their hands dirty! The successful candidate should have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
You will be part of a small team working 40 hours over 5 nights per week assisting in the process of producing top quality fertile hatching eggs.
Own transport essential
A knowledge of Poultry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- Assisting in the day to day running of the Hatchery Operation
- Responsibility to ensure the welfare of day-old broiler chicks maintaining high standards of quality and hygiene, animal welfare and health & safety
- Hatchery Operatives are required to assist in taking care of eggs through hatching and during transfer.
- Maintaining a high quality, clean and secure hatching environment so that as many eggs as possible hatch successfully
- To undertake chick take-off, transfer; egg loading, clean up and disinfection, wash room operation and the general cleaning and tidiness of all areas, inside and outside of the hatchery.
Job Ref: 3017