We have a fantastic opportunity for a Farm Worker on behalf of our clients breeder farm in Fife, Scotland.
They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who doesn’t mind working hard and getting their hands dirty! The successful candidate should have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
You will be part of a small team working 46 hours over 6 days per week assisting in the process of obtaining top quality fertile hatching eggs, working as part of the team supporting the Farm Manager.
Own transport essential
A knowledge of Poultry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- Assist with stock inspections, body weighing, male and female management, nest hygiene, hatching egg management and cold storage
- Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and ventilation
- Monitor flock health by ensuring all vaccinations blood testing, etc are carried out accurately and at the correct time. Any concerns must be reported to the Farm Manager immediately
- Ensure Health and Safety Policy is adhered to by referring to the Health & Safety, Risk Assessment and COSHH manuals which are provided by the Company, and can be found on site
- Wear protective clothing (PPE) as appropriate and directed in manuals, or as required by Senior Manager
- Set up houses prior to intake and prepare for depletions
- Accurately record measurement data ie meter readings, temperature, etc and respond accordingly
- Undertake job related training as required
- Ensure maintenance of farms is to standard required
- Ensure all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times
- A flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work
- Ensure site security is maintained at all time
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position