We have an exciting opportunity for a Farm Manager on our clients Breeder Farms in Rugeley, Staffordshire.
Working 48 hours over 6 days per week you will be responsible for the day to day management of the farm, ensuring that the stock is produced of the highest standard ensuring you and all on the farm maintain safe working practices.
Accommodation is provided with this role.
Previous experience with livestock, preferably at Assistant Farm Manager level is desirable but you must be a team player and demonstrate the ability to manage staff.
Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Ensure top quality fertile hatching eggs are produced and stored on a well organised
• Oversee all daily routines
• Order all consumables in good time eg feed, litter etc
• Ensure depletion and restocking is well organised and efficient, and economic use of
materials is practised
• Responsible for recruitment and training of Employee
• Ensure farm is well maintained, to arrange and organise Contractors, ensuring they
are aware of their responsibilities
• Be aware of Health and Safety standards and requirements, including Risk
Assessments and COSHH, ensuring full implementation is practiced
• Ensure protective clothing is worn as required by Health and Safety practice
• Ensure stock health and welfare by ensuring vaccinations, blood tests and
salmonella requests are carried out according to programmes. Bird health must be
monitored closely and any problems reported promptly to Senior Manager
• Ensure tight control is maintained on quantitative uses of consumables such as feed,
shavings, gas and other services
• Ensure unit is clean and tidy, and strict bio-security measures are implemented
• Ensure adequate cover for alarm system and regular weekly testing of generator and
daily testing and recording of farm alarms
• Keep organised and accurate records and send reports promptly to the farms office
• Ensure all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times
• Ensure site security is maintained at all time
• Responsible for day to day management of farm Employees, including allocation of
work to ensure smooth running of farm
• Assist with probation, induction and training of new Employees
• Monitor and report sickness and other Employee issues when they happen, and
ensure appropriate cover is in place
• Responsible for accurate completion of Employee timesheets, including on time
• Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required
• Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
• Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company