Farm Assistant / Egg Collector
Great Corby, Carlisle
PB Recruitment Solutions are recruiting Farm Assistants/Egg collectors for our clients farms in Carlisle.
We are looking for 2 candidates who are reliable, flexible, hardworking and dedicated, people who are not afraid to get their hands dirty and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude. Our ideal candidates will have the ability to work independently and as part of team.
Our client is a poultry production company and this position is on one of their egg laying farms. Your role will be egg collecting including nest and floor eggs, grading, sanitising, site preparation and reassembly, unloading birds, taking bloods, drinker cleaning, general housekeeping i.e. grass cutting, weeding, cleaning and sweeping up. Bird weighing.
Full time position Minimum 35 hours per week – Overtime available
Rates of pay £9.74 per hour Monday – Sunday (Up to 40 hours per week)
Overtime rate available 1.5x (Above 40 hours per week
Temporary – permanent for the right people, with an initial 12 weeks at the agency.
Must have own transport due to remote location of farm.
- To gain a full understanding of poultry
- Contribute to the farm by developing requisite skills in line with company framework
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc
- To ensure that all Bio-security procedures are adhered to.
- To report any problems with the stock e.g. possible disease trouble to the farm management.
- To report any problems with farm equipment to the farm management.
- To report to the farm management any problems that may compromise Health and Safety resulting in a possible danger to themselves or others.
- To comply with all Health & Safety regulations, including COSHH and Risk Assessment documentation.
- To observe and follow the no smoking policy.
- Any other duties as required.