Assistant Farm Manager
You will already be an Assistant Farm Manager thinking about a change or a Farm Worker looking for the next step in your career….
We have a fantastic opportunity for you working on our clients Breeder farm.
Working 48 hours over 6 days per week you are responsible for supporting the Farm Manager with the day to day management of the farm, ensuring that the stock is produced of the highest standard ensuring you and all on the farm maintain safe working practices.
Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required.
Own transport essential.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Assist with stock inspections, male and female management, nest hygiene, hatching
egg management and cold storage
• Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and
• Monitor flock health to ensure all vaccinations blood testing etc are carried out
accurately and at the correct time
• Ensure Health and Safety Policy is adhered to by referring to the Health & Safety,
Risk Assessment and COSHH Manuals which are provided by the Company, and
can be found on site
• Wear protective clothing as appropriate and directed in Manuals, or as required by a
• Carry out body weighing of flocks weekly adjusting feed as required
• Set up houses prior to intake and prepare for depletions
• Ensure tight control is maintained on consumables ie feed, gas, etc
• Accurately record data ie meter readings, temperature, etc. and respond accordingly
• In partnership with Farm Manager ensure adequate cover for the alarm system,
ensuring regular weekly testing of the generator and daily testing and recording of
• Assist Farm Manager with training of Employee
• Ensure maintenance of farms are to the standard required
• Ensure all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times.
• Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends
with some early morning and late evening work.
• Ensure site security is maintained at all time.
• Provide holiday / sickness cover for Line Manager as required.
• Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
• Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Initiative and influencing skills with a critically evaluating and questioning approach
• Sound stock management background
• Ability to manage Employees
• Organised and detailed approach to duties
• Ability to prioritise duties / tasks
• Ability to work as part of a Team as well as on own initiative