Arable Farm Worker
PB Recruitment Solutions has an opportunity for an Apprentice arable Farm Worker in Wortham, Diss.
Our client is a successful family run arable farm, currently farming over 400 hectares.
They achieve the highest standards, not only in production but also being mindful of the environment.
This position will suit either someone wanting to pursue a career in farming or attending agricultural college.
The ideal candidate will be professional, focused and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude. Someone who can communicate effectively and is open to new and fresh ideas to increase profitability and sustainability for their customers. Health and safety is of paramount importance at all times.
As an apprenticeship, you will be employed at the farm while completing further training. By the end of your apprenticeship you will have gained the skills and knowledge needed to either succeed in your chosen career or progress onto the next apprenticeship level.
Training will include knowledge and experience of operating a Farm sprayer, loader and combine along with 360° digger
Own transport essential. A flexible attitude regarding hours especially during peak seasons.
Accommodation could be available if required for the right candidate.
· Operation of the farm sprayer
· Operation of the loader to straw and grass up the cattle
· Operation of the combine keeping high attention to detail
· Good standards of animal welfare and husbandry
· Ensure efficiency of tractors and trailers
· Maintenance schedules kept up to date
· Keeping strong records for farm assurance and customers projects
· Attention to detail for setting up the relevant implements that maybe attached to the tractor or loader.
· High standards of work.
· Identify any issues that arise with maintenance
The farm is the AHDB monitor farm for the area so this position would be an excellent opportunity for someone to get involved and join us in being a part of that really positive process.