Junior Systems Analyst
An exciting opportunity for a Junior Systems Analyst who is looking for the next step in their career.
Must have an understanding of ERP Systems
A knowledge of PLM and reporting platforms
- Provide general day-to-day support (ERP, PLM and Reporting; BI platforms).
- Maintain reporting solutions on BI platforms; (Power BI, Excel).
- Support development of new and existing BI reporting functionality.
- Provide ongoing support of Business Systems; maintaining business as usual, supporting upgrades, system development projects and the ERP Lead.
- Assist end users with any necessary support and training regarding business system application.
- Act as central point of contact for reporting and BI queries & requests.
- Gather, translate and document detailed business system requirements using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Create reports and dashboards requested by the business.
- Manipulate, study, and interpret complex data sets, draw valid conclusions’ and propose targets; key metrics.
- Extract, transfer and load data correctly.
- Design and deliver bespoke Management Information System (Mis) and dashboards using adequate tools (eg Power BI, SSIS, SSRS).
- Support automation of reporting and dashboarding.
- Support development & management of departmental processes and policies.
- Create and maintain documentation and procedure.
- Work collaboratively with the IT & System team.
- To undertake any other task which may be reasonably requested.
LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION
- Preferably Maths / Science / Computer Science degree or similar.
EXPERIENCE / OTHER QUALITIES
- Computer literate – Microsoft office, Word, Excel (pivot tables, V-look ups).
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Programming skills; write scripts and perform queries in SQL.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to work with & manage multiple data sources and
- Understanding of ERP (essential) and PLM systems (desirable).
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to prioritise, organise and set targets with own work. Result-orientated.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbally and written.
- People focused. Willing to work in partnership with business stakeholders to
translate, steer and guide ‘wants’ into tangible deliverable requirements.
- Able to maintain a ‘team’ view, with a flexible, positive and professional