Our Client is currently recruiting a number of Site Engineers for major high profile civil engineering projects in the East of England. The successful candidates will be self-motivated and technically proficient, capable of working on their own initiative within a collaborative team. You, along with the project’s management team will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the contract is delivered safely, on time and within budget ensuring the customers’ expectations are met.
Our client recognise the shared benefits of investing in their people and will provide you with fantastic career support and development opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Interpret and abstract construction information from the drawings and specification and communicate this to the subcontractors, supervisors and workforce.
- Provide dimensional control for a section of the works.
- Raise technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
- Understand and have a good command of temporary works and permits
- Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification.
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company and project procedures.
- Efficient management and supervision of resources on site. Have a good commercial understanding, recognising the key drivers of cost and value and driving efficient use of resources.
- Monitor programme, contribute to weekly progress reports and retain all relevant records.
- Assist the commercial team with contract administration.
Applicants are required to have a degree or HNC/HND in a construction-related or engineering discipline.
- Building engineering
- Building surveying
- Civil engineering
- Construction studies
- Structural engineering.
To progress to chartered membership of a relevant professional body, it’s important that your degree is accredited and meets the body’s academic requirements for membership. The main professional body in construction is the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), while in engineering the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and The Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) are the key professional bodies in the field.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. construction managers, quantity surveyors, subcontractors, architects, designers, other engineers
- organisation skills and a methodical approach to work
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- accuracy and attention to detail
- negotiation skills
- strong teamworking skills
- excellent IT skills
- project-management skills
- knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation
- a driving licence – this is usually a requirement.